Monday, December 25, 2006

Harlan Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

I just found out that my Aunt got admitted to the ER with chest pain. Based almost solely on this particular Aunt's shoulders is the future of an intact family unit (on the maternal side). I feel helpless, even though I live an hour away.

Saturday Night's "gregJIMscott and sometimes Jen band" at Stadium West was a lot of fun. The band that graciously helped fill time that we couldn't was The Christina's bartender's boyfriend's band. "Inaudible". They're fronted by Aubrey's boyfriend, Scott for those not "in the know" in the Christana's gang. I have multiple gangs, and apparently can't commit to one gang, I've recently noticed. I'll have to come back to that... Anyway, he's a nice guy and the band did well, as well as performing at a smart volume. They appeared to lean toward songwriting that was serious almost to excess, which is nothing more than a mere judgment, but I think that they are expressing themselve's without pretense. The Other Office Party (apparently there is a real "office party") we called ourselves on stage, was able to just waltz up there, play some half-assed rock covers from every corner of 80's and 90's
bizarro-rock, and have fun doing it. I like that place for some reason.

I'll cut and paste the official set list down below, for the vi permanent record.
------------------------------------------------------

Memo:
Office Party 12/23/06 Stadium West office


Driver 8
Head On
Please Please....
Blackbird
Red Dragon Tatoo (capo on 3rd fr.?)


6 or 7 songs for Scott L/ Inaudible

Barbara H
2vox
This Charming Man
Summer of '69
(egg, dynamic snare w/ brushes)
About A Girl
Everlong
(lighter egg beat on 1st V.)

3 or 4 songs for Scott L/ Inaudible

Still Wasted 2vox
Love Fool
2vox
Brass in Pocket
Just Like Heavan
2vox
Sliver

Don't Stop Believin'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The roughest one was Head On.

My favorite was probably a tie between Blackbird (nice applause for my searing vocals, or just having the guts to try it) and Brass in Pocket. Jen sang that groovey Pretenders song well, we were all fairly tight, and I pulled consistent drumming out of my ass. Good fun.


I just gave Goblin a pinch of kitty litter in a knotted sock for xmas. ho-dee, hohoho. Ho, ho, mutha fuckin' ho. Ho Ho McFuckin'Ho. Ho blow ho. Happy kids xmas moring brightest smile of the year ho. Merry temporary bighearts to those accidentally proving they can give a shit about humanity, finally working within their means to do so xmas. Happy excessive instrospection day. Happy laughs and hugs day. Merry (at least we watched the Chicago Bears on) xmas eve xmas. I had fun giving a few presents this year.

Harlan Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Or so it feels this evening...

what else?

I just ate my last almond m and m. What the hell do I do now?

My father and step mother gave me so much in gifts. Sorry to know this figure, but it totalled 5 times more than last year, at least . An unusual amount of money and the Kids in the Hall complete set. Alas, complete recovery from my recent financial offset. We watched the Bears game and "A Christmas Story" (filmed partly in Hammond, as Tricia onced indicated).


I now own every Kids in the Hall episode on DVD. Things must be okay.

Oh, and the tips I got from Craigslisters about sorting out my itunes issues led me to complete resolution! That was a big, time consuming deal, with all those files, currently at 4371 (no more duplicates!).

powerblessings to all!!

Tomorrow, xmas day proper: Work from Noon to 3. Unfortunate indeed.



















1 comment:

is a made up word said...

oops, i meant cat nip in a sock, not kitty litter. that would be evil. and weird