Wednesday, February 14, 2007

valentine's day karma

I currently have the flu. As of 8am tues, I thought I had tetanus because of the cut i got last week. But no, its the flu, wrecking my packed schedule for up to a week I imagine. I got delirious from my fever last night, reaching 102.6 at one point. twitching leading to spasms, and barely strong enough to make it across the kitchen. Today is only the 2nd day, and I already feel significantly better.

I see having this flu as some sort of bad valentine's day karma, cuz i was already just sick about 2 months ago (mid december). all of my love-realted choices and experiences over the years; ganging up on my soul and immune system simultaneously. um, okay, not really but it makes for good text.

And after reading exentively about the flu I don't much agree with my doctor's presctiption... an antibiotic! amox-clav. And he gave me almost no dietary advice. This is was illinois bluecross/ blueshild HMO gets you.

okay, i have nothing very interesting to add here today.

i found this (about the widening income gap) interesting on the NPR site:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7283485

someday, i'll learn to do a hot link.

My summary of the widening income gap is; Hey, cheers for those who can get that annual 52 million dollar bonus. They have those global connections and crazy traders working for them... But the trend is that that fewer and fewer have more and more, which then brings that small number with tons of money increasing and excessive control over things within the political/ governmental arena.
That's when we're in trouble. Which is now.

Notice the astronomical amounts of money being spent on campaigns? Despite "rules" against allowing that money to lead to kickbacks (a rule that seems to generally work, unless you're in Illinois), these campaign contributions wield rhetorical and philosophical influence, often causing political decisions to be based on assumptions about a given doner's position on a subject; or at least his "base" doners. Obviously not always the case, but occasionally, this must happen.

g'night.








No comments: