Saturday, February 3, 2007

"cool" verson -3.8

up to now, i've pretty much sold myself short as far as fully expressing myself through my music, clearly avoiding what I'm capable of.

Why hide it? Why hide this inner lionshark inside of me. that's right. inner lionshark. he's the human's buddy. Standing next to the human's being. so that's what I'm going to call this solo project... The Human's Being. And if it results the same type of hesitant, half-assed rubbish that I've so far involved myself with, then okay, time to re-prioritize my time. I'm 29 and that's just the way it is.

Yup, its another rather indulgent bloggy barf-o-rama. Bar-arf Obama. For president. Maybe. They say he's young/ naive. Wouldn't intuition and genuinely honest intentions only get a county so far in this universal global shitfuck? I predict Hillary for president, with Barack as the running mate.

I wrote a song for Bob Pollard recently. Its in demo form. I began this blog in the middle of two and a half completely projects. Sort of jumping from one to another. I've learned that this is my ideal creative process. It prevents burnout, and indulges my occasional ADD.

I credit Orien for accidentally triggering a "just do it" mentality. While out to dinner, O, E (preggers!), and weener (I never actually call her that), he mentioned an NPR-related assignment: Cut a record from scratch in exactly one month project. Again, appropriate for my slacker tendencies, just a month of motivational surge. Clearly managable. It was surprisingly easy to empty my head of static thoughts (pretty much all involving work or other humans) and proceeded to unleash my creative demons all over the living room.

One song is a pop song. A cross between Bruce Springsteen and New Order. Er, yeah... that sounds like trouble to me.... hell, fuck if i know. The other song reflects an early REM asthetic. And the half-song is a sappy number. I'm going to make another myspace (everybody has two or three these days) for the Human's Being. Or whatever it might get named.

I'm fired up about the Bears. What a swell weekend.

No comments: