Friday, June 15, 2007

compensation

So I threw down the PS2 controller in a fit of rage. not like me, usually. the controller in multiple pieces. seems blogging is the counter to playing the damn ps2, combined with not going out.

to compensate for my lack of blogging, i will provide the url to my favorite blog of all time. this blog is worth browsing every single archive page as well.

http://www.freakonomics.com/blog/

I could address my Grandpa's heart attack, my new sun burn, my dysfunctional relationships, or my recent bout of poverty (so to speak), but I've realized that anyone who really gives a shit probably already knows these things. unless you are just far away, then you might be off the hook. for now.

I just invented something. literally just now. okay, now its 3 seconds ago, but you get it... Okay, so I recently learned that the proper etiquitte/ rule for typing is ONE space in between sentances. Personally, I think it depends on the font. However, I also use both regardless of the font out of laziness. On a formal document, including the literally thousands of pages i've typed at work, I have used two.

What I just invented is a way to measure the ability to adapt; by creating a scale related to how soon it takes to be able to use only one space instead of two while typing. AHHH. Like, now for me I just did two, but now I'm trying to only use one. Okay, this time I used single space without messing up, but I had about 300% more typing errors that required correction as I approached the end of that particular sentance... so we can add that into the equation. Okay, I don't do math, so one of you in my vast reading audience will have to come up with the related formula.

If we start out by not counting typos, then we would simply just compare the number of times space is used once, versus used twice in a similarly structured paragraph for a given person at any given time.

I'm looking forward to: becoming sane enough to apply for grad school, and playing a show with Pat and Jay soon. And seeing some friends in the summer time, with much clearer memories about what happened when discussing it the next morning. 'bout time, I say. Oh, and being more radically honest. Time to revisit the church of truth.

btw, i only used one space in between sentances about 50%of the time while typing this blog. See if you can do the same in a 440-word piece. or go built a fort instead.

RSP




No comments: